Installation guides for every release of Manjaro have been provided below for both beginners and experienced users. These guides may also be used to install Manjaro as a main operating system, or within a virtual machine environment using Oracle's Virtualbox. Rebooting your computer (or starting your virtual machine) after connecting your installation media should be sufficient to start the process. If you find that your computer continues to boot into your existing operating system despite this, then check that:
- The ISO Download and/or installation media has not been corrupted, and that
- Your disc drive or USB flash-drive, depending on which you are using to install, is listed higher up in the boot order than your hard drive, which means that it will be booted from first.
Checking and amending your boot order, if necessary, will require either going into your computer's BIOS settings, if installing Manjaro as your main operating system, or into Virtualbox's System Settings if installing in a virtual machine.
Manjaro Installation Guides
- Including Automatic, Manual, BIOS, UEFI, and Dual-boot instructions
- Install a system using Manjaro Architect!
- If your machine's motherboard runs UEFI/EFI you should read this guide.
- These files can save your time when reinstalling or installing a new distro.
- Basic overview of partition structure, & useful pointers re. existing partitions. Look here if you have an existing /home partition for options re. your existing config files.
- How to create two or three partition schemes to install Manjaro.