Adding "Special:MyLanguage/" to internal links
I would like to add Special:MyLanguage/ to internal links like this:
like tested on Test page.
If a link is within the <translate>-tag it should be like that:
<translate>This is a great link: [[<tvar|myvar>Special:MyLanguage/pagename</>|pagename]] </translate>
which will be then displayed for the translater like this:
This is a great link: [[$myvar|pagename]]
Is it ok? Opinions?
Short notes about this are on my user page.
--Megavolt (talk) 02:17, 31 March 2021 (UTC)
I would appreciate this. This will make translating a lot easier.
--Andreas85 (talk) 06:05, 14 September 2021 (UTC)
translations are gone
This page has been restructured. Even if i do support this there is a side to it that i do not like:
This page formerly was broken into small sections. Each section had to be translated on its own. Maybe this was overdone. But i did translate 95% of it (a few day ago). Now large sections are put together for translation. All formerly translated text is gone.
This also seems not optimal. Sections for translation should be formed around logical pieces of text. So text in one section should be about the same topic.
-- In general,
- If you put small pieces to translation then the editing of the english page is difficult. But when changing some english text or layout, most of the translation will remain.
- If you put large pieces to translation then the editing of the english page is easy. But when changing some english text or layout, most of the translation will be gone. And this may hit a lot of languages at the same time!
- Then there is the assisted translation in the wiki. If you translate small pieces of text, the wiki will suggest some similar translations. This is especially good for headings, so they stay consistent in translation. But this does only work for small texts like 1 line or 2
So i suggest:
- extra translation section for headings
- combined translation section for the text under this heading
- extra sections for texts that should not be translated (like commands and results)